Chicago is a national leader in open data and civic analytics. I was pleased to get to spend some time yesterday with Tom Schenk, Chief Data Officer there, to get an update from him on some of what the Windy City is up to. He also graciously recorded a podcast. Topics include:
- 0:00 – Intro and “Pre-Crime” for Rat Infestations
- 3:59 – Tracking West Nile Virus
- 5:15 – The Civic Analytics Network
- 7:05 – Getting Data from Sharing Economy Companies
- 9:25 – Chicago’s Open Source Software Strategy
- 12:00 – Where to Find Chicago’s Open Data and Analytics Resources
- 13:15 – What Is the Sweet Spot and Future of Open Data?
- 16:52 – What Is Coming Next From Chicago?
If the audio player doesn’t display for you, click over to listen on Soundcloud. Would you please also leave a rating for the podcast on iTunes if you haven’t already? Because this helps more people discover the podcast. Thanks.